of the killer tomatoes!
Just kidding. Actually it was the attack of my favorite food of all time, sausage and egg sandwich.
(my dad and I used to love to watch that movie.)
I swear to God, at 10:30 last night I thought I was having a heart attack. I was on the front porch working on my homework and all of a sudden I got this really uncomfortable feeling in my chest, and my left arm hurt. So did my right shoulder. Went away after about 5 minutes.
Then it came back, and I went surfing the internet for symptoms of a heart attack. I had most of them, but thought the shortness of breath was because it hurt to breathe in, not just couldn't catch my breath. My heart rate was fine, too.
Went to the store at 3am because I thought it could be indigestion. Dyspepsia. See? That's what I freaking get for using that word in my facebook status the other day. Bought two rolls of Rolaids, chewed half of one on the way home.
They didn't like my stomach too well. They, along with everything else, decided to vacate the premises. Chewed the other half, drank a glass of milk. Why do I NEVER remember that milk does not taste good on the way up?
I fell asleep watching Sportscenter around 3:30. Got up at 6:30, and my chest didn't hurt but my shoulders still did. I was going to wait until a decent hour to call someone and ask if I should go to the ER.
(oh, I had to do a load of white clothes while waiting...can't go to the emergency room without clean undies.)
At 8:15 I called Erin. She's the only one I knew would be up (she was somewhere cleaning!), plus her husband is a paramedic. Told her all of my symptoms, and she called him for me.
The consensus was I had a gall bladder attack. Between his expertise and her same exact thing a few years ago, I figured I'd believe them. Thank goodness. With no insurance that would have cost thousands to tell me there was nothing they could do. But then I'd need Xanax for the panic attack that would follow, so maybe it all would have worked out well?
Around 11 this morning I started feeling better. Chalk that up to the four advil that were kind enough not to start World War 6 with my stomach.
There may be a bright side to this....I'm afraid to eat anything, and right now I'm still a little queasy. Good combo for a diet!
(I'm so kidding....do not starve yourself to lose weight! It's not healthy and it will only work for a while until your body starts conserving fat.)
brave one to look stuff up - that alone would have brought on a total panic attack. Don't wait for stuff like that - call erin on the WAY to the hospital woman! You got lucky, don't mess with stuff like that!!! < / lecture >
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, I totally feel your pain (I mean that so literally). It'll move on and you can get back to the yummy food. Drink lots of water :P